Wednesday, July 8, 2009

TNL Dairy Goats lives again! :)



I am just estatic about my herd name being re-issued to me with my kids' herd name of TNL Dairy Goats. This was the herd name my kids began for their Lamancha dairy herd in 4H back in 1998. This name actually is Tyler 'N Lindsay's Dairy Goats. Even though Lindsay will only be here helping me for another year or so, I felt it was important to honor something they started so long ago, especially when I find myself feeling pretty reminiscent of the "old" days lately. Getting back into the dairy goats has truly breathed new life and excitement into my monotonous daily rituals since I have been unemployed. TNL's was my justification (not that I really needed that with this family) for not looking too vigorously for employment. I love waking up bright and early and heading to the barn. It is a feeling I cannot put words to when I am bringing home goat milk and brown eggs to be used in this household. This lifestyle and my goats make me confident in the belief that they exceed the benefits of any group therapy or sessions with a pyschiatrist that numerous Americans spend so much money for. The cost for my therapy with the goats is my time, and that I give freely, the chin scratches, grain, hay and the occasional Triskets or Wheat Thins are what they would ask for in return for my mental stability. I am so surprised Consumer Reports hasn't caught on to this "BEST BUY" and published it!! As for me and my family, dairy goats get a 5 out of 5 stars, two thumbs up, and this girl's highest recommendations for someone who may be questioning his or her mental health! I questioned mine when I got back into raising these wonderous creatures..........I freely admit it, I AM CRAZY and loving every minute of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment