Friday, July 24, 2009

On The Road Again....

Well, first let me mention how much I despise the drive from our town up to the neighboring town 40 miles away, but because we are not "blessed" with numerous shopping opportunities, I find myself on this trek in search of Wal-Mart deals on the essentials of daily living.
I do have to give credit where credit is due as The "Coal-Miner's 500" has drastically improved since passing lanes have been constructed, but caution is advised while traveling at even slightly above the speed limit between the passing zones. The exhilaration felt cannnot be summed up in words when one is suddenly passed on a hill after verifying several times in the rear view mirror that no one is in the near vicinity besides commuters traveling in the opposite direction. The tight squinting of my eyes to avoid watching the head-on collisions not only is inadvisable reaction but also the action I blame for the deep crow's feet around my eyes. Twenty three years of taking my life into my own hands on this highway is something I do not take lightly and debate how badly I need toliet paper and laundry detergent everytime I even consider taking this trip. With all that being said, I was asked if I would like to return to my beloved nursing job in our neighboring town. I left this job because of the drive up and down this "near-hit" highway, but also because last year at this time my Multiple Sclerosis began testing my resolve to not be beaten down by anything. I have missed working but especially relating to real human beings who haven't heard all my stories for the hundredth time. I am looking forward talking about something besides udders and shell thickness on the chicken eggs. So, after much debate, I have chosen to face the chaos of Highway 59 to fulfill my need to relieve some of the bordom I unwittingly burden my family with on a daily basis! Wish me luck and if you need anything from Gillette, let me know, I'll be there every Wednesday and Thursday, because there in no need for both of us to face this obstacle! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment