Friday, June 19, 2009

Milk baths for all!


Well, the two new additions arrived without incident Wednesday which is a huge leap in my world of Murphy's Law! I think both of these goats are fabulous, but have to say, my new doe sure lives up the the stereotype of a noisy Nubian. I am sure her breeder can hear her crying from here to Carpenter! I feel slightly guilty when she starts bellowing. It sounds like such a heart-rendering plea to go home and for a nanosecond, I sometimes think I should oblige this poor girl, and then I begin milking her! Sorry girl, you will adjust to our little corner of the earth, I'm keeping you! I have had goat people tell me their goats are "easy milkers" but when Karen said that about Lyrical, she truly was not exaggerating. Between the two does, we are getting a gallon and a half morning and night. Our little Javar has fit right in for the time being, but he's getting his own pen with the wether so change is going to come his way right when he gets settled in to this routine. A co-worker of my husband's stopped by when we first got the goats and laughed when I said I was so impressed with how beautiful my new goats were. He didn't think there could be such a thing as a beautiful goat. I figure if I have to explain, he wouldn't understand! :)

1 comment: